About Newport Harbor Recovery
Newport Harbor Recovery provides affordable, and inpatient rehab treatment for adults affected by alcoholism and/or drug addiction in a safe and compassionate setting. The effects of alcoholism and drug addiction are life-shattering.
This destruction affects the family life and personal relations of the chemically dependent person. Legal matters and employment problems are often present. Rehab and/or treatment is not just ending chemical dependency, but is the beginning of learning how to function in life free of alcohol and drugs.
Inpatient treatment focuses to educate and motivate clients to modify their behavior and thinking to live life successfully free of drugs and alcohol. The primary goal of Newport Harbor Recovery is to provide the foundation upon which our clients may build this new healthy and sober lifestyle.
During treatment at Newport Harbor Recovery, residents are expected to:
1. Abstain from the use of alcohol and drugs.
2. Follow the traditions of Newport Harbor Recovery.
3. Participate in AA/NA meetings and Newport Harbor Recovery sponsored functions.
4. Obtain a sponsor in AA or NA.
5. Complete the first Three Steps of AA or NA.
Daily recovery groups combined with individual and group counseling stimulate behavior modification, anger management, relapse prevention, increasing communication skills, and build the foundation for the Twelve Steps of Alcoholics/Narcotics Anonymous.
Introduction and participation in local AA/NA meetings is required to foster strong relationships with recovering people in the community.
NEWPORT HARBOR RECOVERY TRADITIONS
- We residents of Newport Harbor Recovery, agree to abstain from all mind-altering substances.
- We are supportive of all residents in their personal recovery process.
- We are considerate of our neighbors in the areas where we live.
- We assume personal responsibility for getting up on time in the morning, making our beds and cleaning our rooms before leaving the house.
- We respect the personal belongings and food of other residents, and agree that if uncertain about any item, that it is best left alone.
- We agree to attend meetings and activities as scheduled unless other arrangements have been made in advance.
- We acknowledge the importance of obtaining a sponsor to assist us in our quest for long term recovery. We agree to select and begin to work with a sponsor within seven days of admission to Newport Harbor Recovery.
- We agree to participate in Newport Harbor Recovery, Alcoholics Anonymous and/or Narcotics Anonymous meetings and related events.
- We practice common courtesy in all our affairs and refrain from verbal or physical abuse of other persons, in or out of Newport Harbor Recovery. We agree to treat all persons in a manner in which we, ourselves, would like to be treated.
- We make suitable arrangements to meet our financial obligations to Newport Harbor Recovery.